Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Piano Magic

Well, I will not update because it just takes to long;) If people want updates-email me. I want to start talking about my experience as I go through a new course. It's called Piano Magic by Michael Anderson. It's a course that teaches you how to play by ear. I have had over 10 years of lessons in formal piano and I am just NOT happy!! I have always wanted to play beautiful like my step Mom. It comes naturally to her-NOT to me. I started a couple of days ago. Now, let me just say that I have NEVER picked out a song on the piano and played it with 2 hands. I have never even picked out a song in it's entirety with one hand so this is a major thing for me to try to undertake. Well, yesterday I started picking out some songs and guess what-I played with both hands!! The songs weren't hard-in the key of c. I messed up many times trying to find the notes but I was so happy. I have played some really difficult songs in the past and I was more proud yesterday than I have ever been! The left hand only plays the three major chords from c and you are only supposed to pick out the melody at this point so the sound was very amateur but I was so happy! I am excited about what else I am going to learn. Right now I have to continue practicing the songs I have before I move on but it is more than I have ever done so I am proud!

No comments: