Thursday, December 09, 2010

Children are so funny

My children are very interesting to study. They are like little puzzles. Just when you think you've got them figured out they throw you completely off. We are studying what's called "A Thomas Jefferson Education". In many ways, it seems like kid's would LOVE it. Not mine, nope. They WANT me to do what we normally do. In trying to figure out WHY, I have learned alot about each of them. One of them wants to be told what to do, she's just like me in many ways. Give me a goal and I will try my best to reach it. The other one could go either way but she truly loves learning. In talking with them last night we made them write down goals that they want to accomplish. At first, they were just writing down stuff that they wanted to do but Jason quickly pointed out that goals without dates are just wishes. So then they became more realistic in their list making. What's interesting to note is that some things that they had on their lists were things that I tried to get them to do before but they complained. Now when I leave the choice up to them, they WANT to do it. We will see how things progress. I have a feeling we will be revising those goals.lol This whole experience has been good for me. I have wishes, not goals. I need to add dates.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

I'd love to hear some of the goals, and some of the wishes. Good luck to all of you in meeting your goals.