Sunday, September 06, 2009

What's been going on??

Well, it's been almost an entire month since I last posted and I am sure my dear step mother is anxious to get an update so I thought I would start back so that I wouldn't have an even longer update to give :)
For the last 2 weeks we have been doing very little schooling due to sickness. At first it was just a fever and now we have children with sore throats. I think we are on the up now though. Poor Andrew, every time he drinks he says "Owie" and cries. He has had a terrible time sleeping. It seems this summer has been kinder to us regarding sickness(even though we seem to be sick alot..LOL) so I am hoping this winter will be easier than the last to.

Aside from health issues(including pregnancy) we have been working on the house. I have been constantly getting rid of stuff so that we can sell when we are ready. We are actually looking to downsize(we get drop dropping expressions when people hear this) to a smaller home in the next year or 2. We have also been working on the downstairs bathroom. We have stripped the wallpaper off and last night Jason tore up the floor. It was tile-awful looking tile! So the bathroom is going to be a huge project for us! I just wish I could help more but because of the pregnancy I am left with stripping wallpaper and decluttering-poor Jason!

I have also been working on our computers. I have installed Linux on one and am going to install Linux as a dual boot on the other this week. I have been studying up on it and trying to migrate things over because we foresee in the future that there will be a need for us to use open source software. I am so glad I have a hubby that knows about all this stuff and can teach me!

I am not sure what we are going to do today since we can't go to church. We will likely have a family service together. I am bummed that we will miss getting together AGAIN with the other family we meet with every Sunday night to have "home church" with. We enjoy it so much. They have been moving the last couple of weeks and now we are sick.

I haven't posted in a while any pics because my camera doesn't work anymore. I can use my camcorder but it's so much more difficult. I will try to get some pics up soon though.

No comments: