Saturday, March 10, 2012

Indian Spinach Dip

This recipe is part of an ongoing series documenting my experiences as I try the recipes from the book Living on Live Food by Alissa Cohen.

Indian Spinach Dip
p. 306


I started this recipe knowing that I would probably like it. I love avocados and indian spices so why wouldn't I like it? I did NOT expect my kids to like it, especially one of my pickiest. Charlotte was the only one who didn't like it but she HATES avocado. She did say that it was pretty good considering what was in it. In the picture I have the dip spread on napa cabbage with onions, tomato, and sprouts. It was delicious! The kids ate the dip with the cabbage and my buckwheat crackers. The bread in the picture is rye bread made from sprouted rye(also from Alissa's book but I will post a review on that later). I haven't eaten napa cabbage this way before(surprisingly!) but this is going to be a staple from now on. I really enjoyed it!

No comments: