Sunday, April 29, 2012

Act Quickly and Purposefully

A couple of weeks ago Kaitlyn and Charlotte had their Association Drill for Bible Drill. We met at a cute church in Blythewood. It's one of those older churches surrounded by a church graveyard. As all the kids rushed inside for refreshments, I decided to walk around the graveyard and look at all the headstones. So many families were burried together, from grandparents to infants. Death is the same for all of us. It's going to happen, no matter what we do! It reminds me of the transition phase during childbirth, there is no turning back, no easy way out, no giving up, just acceptance. There were 2 headstones that represented siblings, both dying on the same day. One was 3 and the other was 7. How heartbreaking. We never know how long we will be here. We need to live purposefully in this quick and fleeting life! It just makes me wonder "How am I doing?". Am I really living that way or am I letting greatness fall through the cracks of my fingers so that I can grab mediocrity? Lord help me to see what to hold on to.

No comments: