Friday, August 01, 2008

Hazardous Coconut

Well, I thought that opening the coconut would be hard. It wasn't! All I did was put the knife on the coconut(after sticking a screw through one of the openings to get the juice out) and hammer it in. It split with ease. Even getting the meat out of it was easy, until the knife slipped. I cut a huge gash in my finger. I pealed back the skin to see if I could see bone(cause that's pretty cool you know) and low and behold, my body didn't like that. I started getting queasy and thought for sure that I was going to pass out. I quickly told my daughter to get my phone and call Dh. I started to go black and so I sat down on the floor. Thankfully, I didn't pass out. I am not usually queasy at all so this whole incident really surprised me. Next time I will be a little more careful....

No comments: