Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Thankful for friends!

I use to think "I want friends but I don't NEED them." While it's true that we technically don't need them, I have learned that they make a huge impact on my life. I am so grateful that God has put these people in my life. One of my friends took us to the zoo yesterday in her 15 passenger van. I was so blessed by this. It really filled my heart. Thank you Shelby!! We have a couple of cars that are not safe for the kids to be in(we are getting one fixed this week) so we couldn't take ourselves. We had such a great time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, you're very welcome :).
I used to tell myself the same thing. God had me in a very dry place for a long time and it was never darker than right after Abbi was born. Things were so hard and I was so "alone". Wow, it was so hard. But, I made it by just giving it all up and relying on God and Lee. And just when I thought I couldn't do it anymore God brought such blessing into my life. It is awesome. I know that God is all we "need" but He did make us a social people and I think that his desire and plan are for us to have godly friendships. I know he had me in that "lonely spot" for a reason, I do think I'm a stronger person because of it but I'm also glad that it appears I've come out on the other side ;)! I'm so thankful for your friendship :)!