Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Light at the end of the tunnel

I don't know about you but I often think to myself "There is light at the end of the tunnel, just keep going". I think this is wrong thinking. It implies that the place I am at right now is not good enough for me to be content at. Paul writes that we should be content no matter what the circumstances. I know that it is ok to look at circumstances and remember that no matter how bad it gets, the light at the end of this tunnel is living with Yeshua. However, I am speaking of looking at where we are at and seeing the "light" as just another place where we *think* we will be happy at. I believe that many mothers face this struggle. We wish our lives away always thinking that where we are at right now is not as good as that place we see way over there. Then when we get there, we rarely embrace it, we just keep looking for something better. I wonder how my life would change if my actions were based on the knowledge that that "light" is not a different place in this life, it is to live eternity with Christ. How would my goals change? Would I take the time to give more money to help the needy instead of saving it to buy something? Would I spend more time on bible study instead of surfing the internet? So for today, I am going to work on being content at where I am at.

No comments: