Friday, December 19, 2008

Weekend before Christmas

Here we are, the beginning of the weekend before Christmas. We are going to be having Christmas with my Mom and sister this coming Sunday. I am praying that they enjoy their time here. I pray that Christ will reveal himself to us as we come together to celebrate HIS birthday. I have already felt the stress that comes along with Christmas. It seems so odd to me, that one of the most joyful days of the year should bring about dread in the hearts of those that believe in Him. Do you dread your own birthday? No way(ok, maybe if you are getting really old..LOL)! When he was born, it fulfilled God's promise to us that he would send a Savior. Not only that, but that we have a faithful God who will ALSO fulfill all that Jesus has promised. Praise God! I am so grateful that the Word of God is not something that is true in some places and questionable in others. It is THE Truth, the thing that sets the standard.

No comments: