Sunday, January 18, 2009

I made some ponchos for the kids so that we could turn down the heat and save some money. Right now we are at 65(last year we were at 77 because Andrew was a newborn) so we have a long way to go but we are getting there! I also made Jason and I one. It takes less than 5 minutes to make one. If you get the cheaper fleece it is so cheap! The kids got these character ones but they had a 40% off sale so it wasn't as bad as it could have been but next time..no characters! It was more expensive than I had expected but I had already told them they could pick it out. Lesson learned. I could have bought all of ours for half the price if I had used solid prints. Oh well. We used the selvage as a belt. :)
Andrew's Poncho












Alex with his poncho and cloth sword(dagger) I made him












Toby and Summer's poncho












The girl's poncho

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Neat idea, and so cozy looking :)!
I don't know what happened with my Bloglines but it hasn't been posting your new posts for me so when I pulled up your blog I had a treasure trove of new posts to read :). I resubscribed so maybe that will fix it.