Saturday, April 03, 2010

Dandelions

I bought some dandelions at Earth Fare the other day and I have really been enjoying them! For those of you who drink green smoothies, try a handful of these. I have been adding them in with my collards(collards are my favorite). One day I will get a juicer and try juicing them. Here are some nutritional benefits of dandelions(as if I need convincing):
The leaves are richer in vitamin A than are carrots.
One cup of dandelion greens:
-25 calories
-1.5 g protein
-5 g carbohydrate
-19 mg Vitamin C
-7,700 IU of vitamin A
-103 mg calcium.
They also stimulate the liver and kidneys. I have don't enough research on them but I wonder if these would help people with gallbladder disease. I had my gall bladder out about 6 years ago. I wish I had known about natural ways to deal with that. We have a ton of dandelions in our back yard but there are so many stray cats around here that I am fearful of getting worms or something if I ate these.LOL

No comments: