Sunday, November 05, 2006

Yesterday was a blast. We didn't do much but it was very relaxing and rejuvenating. Mom, Grandma and JD came over and we had a good time. I made pizza and pockets for everyone and they turned out to be a hit so I was happy. Last night I put together some tuna salad and I am going to put that in Azumaya wraps for today. I think I might make some with cheese and ham. Yesterday I learned somehting quite funny. My Grandma and Great Grandma used to have chickens and when they wanted to kill them they would pick them up by the neck and "ring" it. It would break the chickens neck. I guess that's where we get the pharase "I'm going to ring your neck!" I do remember seeing them cut the chickens heads off and hang them on the clothesline. All the kids would just dance around them like no big deal. My Papa used to raise chickens just for pets! My Mom had a rooster for a pet too. How wierd is that. Maybe that's why I have such a strong desire to have a small farm. It must be in my blood! I do remember that Papa and Aunt Peggy both had gardens. I used to want to help but they wouldn't let the kids mess around with it. Well, I need to get off of here so that I can get ready.

No comments: