Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Ok, climbing down off of Mount Whine-a-lot

Man, I feel silly. I started reading a book called "Calm my Anxious Heart". In the beginning she talks about being content. She gives practical ways to showing(and eventually feeling) contentment. I do NOT do these things. In fact, I do the opposite most of the time. One of the things that I am guilty of is thinking I am in a different place just to get past the rough times during the day. Kind of daydreaming in a way. Also, I will constantly tell myself, it's going to get better. This is the wrong way to think(especially considering I have NO idea if it really will get better LOL). We need to enjoy our lives where we are at. In the times when we need help, we ask God to give us the strength to live in it , rather than live somewhere else in our heads. I am really summarizing here so if you have read the book, don't bash me for not getting it quite right. It's very good so far, just started this morning. One of the ways to be content is to not complain about anything. Boy, I hang my head in shame here. For those that read my blog, I know that you know, I am bad about this. So, here's to a new start. I always tell my kids not to complain, I guess it's my turn. :)

1 comment:

Missy said...

I found your blog through another blog....if that makes sense. my sister has 4 children too. she lost her husband almost five years ago. Thank you for reminding me to think of her at Valentines Day!

Blessings,
Missy