Monday, February 11, 2008

Help for Eating Disorders - Intro

This is part of a series
Introduction, Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5

Introduction

Let me just start off by saying that what I write on here about this topic is not meant to be a “cure” for you or me. Eating disorders (or any other form of addiction) are difficult, plain and simple. It takes a long time to get past a belief system that has been used as a way to deal with various issues. I am not a crusader. I will not claim that what works for me will work for you. The main reason I am writing this is because there are very few resources that give a step by step approach to dealing with the feelings associated with eating disorders. Unfortunately, it takes a lot of reprogramming your mind before you can even begin attacking the behavior. If you have ever had difficulty with your eating, or any other form of addiction, please read the following articles. Have hope that your life, bought with great price, can be rewarding. Even if you had four good days out of seven, wouldn’t it all be worth it? Part 1 is to follow. I will tell you my brief history(just so that you know that I've "been there"). I am going to touch on the following subjects in the parts to come:
1.Why
2.How(who's fault is it?)
3.Attitude toward accusers
4.Who's mirror (yours, other people's, or God's)
5.Worth(yours and other people's through God)
6.Why fight?
7.Avoiding self condemnation
8.Renewing your mind
9.Accepting the truth and denying the lies
10.Saying goodbye to the comfort of control and finding comfort in The Controller
11.Actual steps to stop or hold off the behavior
12.Long term expectations
Stayed tuned..

No comments: