Friday, February 29, 2008

Internal Dialogue

When dealing with bad habits, internal dialogue can be a major stumbling block! I have realized that I will almost always talk myself into the thing that I shouldn't do. So, this is what I have started doing. Every time I begin to reason with myself about something, I stop and go to the Word of God. I know that there is complete truth in that. I say the Lord's prayer(after all, he did teach us how to pray), and then I continue with praises to him. We are not trustable(is that a word?).

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things." Philippians 4:8

Whenever you find yourself struggling, stop discussing it in the hopes that it will go away. Just lean on the truth.

No comments: