Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Life as a song

Have you ever heard this phrase? It seems that I have somewhere but not sure exactly where. I have been trying to further my skills in music. I was reading about the comfortable notes in a chord or scale. Take for example the key/scale/chord of C. The basic chord of C is made up of 3 "comfortable" tones. All other notes within are considered "uncomfortable". Does that mean that songs should just be made up of "comfortable" notes? Of course not. We have the "uncomfortable" notes within it to change it, make it interesting, and exciting. This is how life is I think. It wouldn't be very interesting if things were always "comfortable". Even God calls us out of our comfort zone to do work for him. I hope I remember this next time things start getting uneasy!

No comments: