Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Essene Bread

2 cups sprouted wheat(before sprouted)
1 Tbl oil
1 Tbl honey
1 tsp salt(or more for taste)
1 cup water
Place first4 ingredients in food processor, blend. Add enough water to establish consistency of oatmeal. You're not looking for pureed, you want some good texture. Divide dough into desired size onto teflex dehydrator sheets. I usually divide this amount into 12 small rounds about the size of a bread slice. Dehydrate at 105 for 2-4 hours, flip, and dehydrate for another 2-4 hours. This is very costumizable. You can dehydrate for as long as you want. It will be more doughy if you dehydrate for a shorter amount of time. I use a spatula to spread out my batter. I got it from vitamix when I ordered my blender. This has been an invaluable tool when spreading things on the trays. Sometimes it helps to dip the spatual into some water before you spread it around. You could also dehydrate this in the sun. It wouldn't take longer than a day I don't believe.

No comments: