Monday, May 04, 2009

Great Weekend

I know I am weird but I just can't help it. Do you know how neat it would be to have an avocado tree? I know that it will likely not grow here but I can just try it right? This is my latest mini project. I have a couple of seeds sitting on my windowsill with toothpicks stuck in them so that they will suspend over water. Evidently, in a couple of weeks, they will start sprouting. Eventually, they will turn into trees. Maybe next year? LOL I don't know if I get enough sun so we will see. I will post pics later on.

We had an awesome weekend! We went bike riding again with everybody in tow. Jason carries two of the chunky munkies and I carry two. It is getting easier though I wouldn't say it was easy! We stopped to take a break at one point. The kids were running around in the field. Jason and I were laying on our backs looking up at the sky in awe of God's beauty. The contrast between the green trees and the blue sky were breathtaking! All of the sudden we heard thunder. The kids kept telling me that it was the bridge but I knew better. I looked up and sure enough, dard clouds were moving in very fast. We decided to start heading back. As soon as we got on the bikes we felt trickles of rain. We raced back to the car laughing as the rain pounded down on us and gave us relief after a hard ride. Isn't God great! He allowed us to see his beauty and power in so many ways. I cannot fathom what heaven is going to be like. Sunday night we got to have devotional time with our friends again. Man, how greatful I am to God that he saw fit to bring them into our lives. I LOVE spending time with them.

I am going to try to upload some more photos today.

No comments: