Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fabric Sales

I got some new fabric yesterday! Linen was 50% off. I love linen, I am planning on making a skirt out of it. We will see how that goes. At the present, I am learning how to draft my own pattern. I can't stand store bought patterns. Nothing fits me right. I got a book called Make Your Own Patterns: An Easy Step-by-Step Guide to Making Over 60 Dressmaking Patterns Jason thinks he can create a program that takes the measurements you input and draws the pattern for you. That would be pretty cool! I think getting the drawing right is a major headache. I would be able to just print out the pattern, tape the pages together, and done. As of now I use parchment paper to make a pattern. I can't stand how it rolls. I am going to try to make this skirt a little shorter so I can use it to go camping in. This is a lightweight linen so it should be fairly cool. I might add some pockets to the next one if this one turns out nice. I would like to put some pockets and a D-ring on it to hold my keys or a small flashlight. Eventually I might sew in shorts. Those are my thoughts anyway, whether it will happen or not, that is a different story!

No comments: