Monday, May 04, 2009

Time

Time is so strange. I can’t seem to understand it, though everything seems to depend on it. It’s my friend, yet it’s my enemy. What’s even more unfathomable is the thought of life without it. I think about God, and how he is outside of time. How peaceful that must be! To make decisions without thinking about before or after. To laugh without needing to stop. To sing without running out of breath (for time will do that). To run and not grow tired. To love with an un-measureable amount, right away (For love grows with time). To live in eternity without time. What does that look like? We live our lives waiting for time to change so that we can experience some moment, some joy that gives us hope. Oh how brief it is! And many times we get to that precious point in time only to be let down. How wonderful it must be to finally reach that blessed TRUE hope. The hope that is beyond anything we could imagine in our simple minds. Even more is the reality that it will NEVER end! We will live in that state for eternity with our God. Wow, what a thought. He is the hope that keeps us pressing on towards the goal. I am so glad that I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I will not be let down!

No comments: